20 June, 2013

Lord Buddha Sermons on the need for making good resolutions.

Lord Buddha Sermons on the need  for making good resolutions.


  • Once when he was at Shravasti in Jeta's Grove the Exalted One said to the Brethren : 
  • " Brethren, there is a great need of good resolutions to be made and observed for a pure and happy life.
  • " I will tell you what your resolutions should be. 
  • "Resolve that, 'all my life long may I support my parents. May I respect the head of my can. May I be of gentle speech. May I speak evil of none. Clearing my heart of the stain of selfishness, may I dwell at home generous pure-handed, delighting in giving up, may I be a proper man to ask a boon of, delighting in sharing gifts with others. 
  • "'All my life long, may I be angerless, and, if anger arise, may I quickly check it " 
  • Such are the seven resolutions Brethren, by undertaking and performing which you will attain the state of happiness and purity.

No comments:

Post a Comment